Global Social Entrepreneurship Summit
The Global Social Entrepreneurship Summit is an event where students experience the Design Thinking process and use it to create a social enterprise that addresses their chosen Social Challenge in a sustainable way.
Students that participate in the GSES Summit will :
- Experience the 6-stage Design Thinking process
- Learn about Social Entrepreneurship
- Be mentored by Social Entrepreneurs
- Create an innovative sustainable social enterprise that addresses real-world problems
There will be different Social Challenge Studios at the GSES. Each Studio is informed by the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's) that need to be addressed to meet important human needs related to development.
The participating students will create a social enterprise to solve the following Global Goals for Sustainable Development -
- Sustainable Cities and Communities - Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable. SDG Link
- Quality Education - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. SDG Link
- Zero Hunger - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. SDG Link
- Clean Water and Sanitation - Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all. SDG Link